Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Iphone 4S summary and personal thoughts





"I bought my Iphone 4 and I love it
now I can get a better Iphone 4S". 
Easy choice."

      - Apple has done it again!

So, I feel sort of stiffed. And not in a good way. I really thought there was a gonna be a real Iphone 5 tonight. 

But isn't Iphone4s just a name for the Iphone 5?
Well, it is and it isn't. 

It has a better camera, it has full HD finally. It has a better processor and a bit newer design.

I suppose that the thing that makes me a bit sad is that HTC and Samsung has caught up. I still consider the Iphone 4 as the perfect camera. And as Schiller says, competitors have tried to copy the Iphone, but nobody has been successful. 

True, but in here lies the irony. Because not even apple seems to have been able to top them selves. Oh, but now I am not going to turn this article into a sad thing. The main point is that is has a advanced voice recognition. A sort of a AI, that is called Siri. I am really excited to try it out. This new Siri sounds like a sexy beast of a technology.

Will the Iphone 4S be a success or not? 
Well, it is all up to the voice recognition. If it works flawlessly then sure, if not. I think Apple will have a hard time convincing people who own the Iphone 4 already, to purchase this new phone.

AH, but this is not the end, this is where Apple is a genius company. How do make Iphone 4 people buy a Iphone 4S? Easy, cut the new price in half on the old one, and sell the new one for a new price. This way you will feel like your Iphone 4 is cheap, and you can get new Iphone that is twice as expensive, so it must me twice as good.

But I don't buy it. Unless this Siri is some kind of AI technological termininator, I don't feel that super urge to buy this new phone.

Just as well, since I plan to get a mac computer. :)

Sorry, and thank you Apple for the presentation of Iphone 4s. But I think I can wait for the Iphone 5.
However, I do say thanks for cutting the price on Iphone 4, now I can buy the Iphone for my girlfriend (even if she hates apple, regardless of her owning the Macbook air). 


ps. oh who am I kidding, of course I will be buying the new Iphone 4s.
don't judge me, I am a tech-geek. :)