Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Your soul is in your keeping alone

A king may move a man,
a father may claim a son.

But remember that,
even when those who move you be kings or men of power,
your soul is in your keeping alone.

When you stand before God you cannot say
"but I was told by others to do thus" or that
"virtue was not convenient at the time.

This will not suffice.
Remember that.

- Quote from Kingdom of heaven (2005)


I love this quote from the movie Kingdom of heaven, where Edward Norton delivers a brilliant line.

The thing about this quote is that I believe it works even if you don't believe in God. (Im agnostic, so there you go...)

But the thing is, this is true.
Whatever challenges we face in life, we will always be responsible for what we do. If we are forced to do something, or if we don't do the "right" thing. Then we have to accept who we are.

I try, really hard, in life... to always do the right thing. Now I know, that some people would say, that there is no such thing as a "right thing" to do. But I believe that every situation, you are forced to sort of face your own judgement. Did you do what you believed in?

This is not easy to do, but I believe that we have to try to face each situation with a pure sense of belief in what is right.




ps.
By the way, I wanted to ask my readers to do me a huge favor.
There is a facebook fanpage, and if you like this blog,
please click on it.
It is sort of a way for me to see if people like the blog or not.